<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 27, 2008

Won't You Please, Please Tell Me What We've Learned. . . .

Sometimes, a person just needs to hear The Logical Song. I know I do. I'm listening to it right now, in fact.

I hate it that the world is not fair. It ought to be fair! I hate it that children must eventually learn that the world is not fair. I wish our kids didn't have to lose so much innocence, but I'm not sure which is worse: an adult who is dangerously naive for his/her age, or an adult who has lost ALL innocence.

I do think, however, that our society has somehow evolved into a scenario that not only asks us to relinquish our innocence, but actually encourages us to do so while still young enough that we're supposed to still have it. I also believe that our society has DEvolved into a scenario wherein people who choose to give it away are considered enlightened and savvy, while people who choose to be chaste and pure until such time. . . are considered backward and provincial.

I sincerely believe that some people try to rationalize their own sketchy ethics and lack of self-control by putting down other people who have more will power and honor.

The Logical Song, by Supertramp




When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
Joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
Logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
Clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world's asleep,
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
Liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
Acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable!

At night, when all the worlds asleep,
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.




Digg!
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 5:40 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html