<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 26, 2008

R.I.P. - Billy, Dolly, Jeffiy, and P.J.'s Mommy


Thelma Keane has passed away at the age of 82.

I know that people poke fun at the antics of Billy, Dolly, Jeffy, and P.J., but when my children were very, very young, they loved these sweet little vignettes. Maybe they were a little saccharine, but the world is too often a difficult and vicious place, and some sweetness was much appreciated.

My tiny toddler son, especially, loved the Family Circus. He and I would lie on my bed at naptime, and I would turn page after page in our stack of Family Circus paperbacks, and he would get so tickled, especially when it came to the three little boys' antics, his little legs would kick, kick, kick in sheer delight. After about half a book, he would turn over, sigh, and go to sleep.

Thank you, Thel and Bil, for sharing your memories of your children's childhood so that they have become part of my children's childhood memories, and mine.

I wonder how many people know that Thel and Bil's son Glen (Jeffy) has worked for Disney for many years, and helped draw such animated masterpieces as Finding Nemo, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, and many others.




Thank you, Thel, for being such a great Mommy to the masses. In pace requiscat.




Digg!
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:15 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html