<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Steve Spangler: AWESOME

My latest internet obsession is Steve Spangler, the science guy who introduced that awesome Mentos/Diet Coke geyser experiment to the world. I am also seriously addicted to internet contests, and over on Steve Spangler Science, there is a fun contest going on.

Those of you with children - get over there RIGHT NOW and click on every single link. Sign up for the "Experiment of the Week" - it's FREE. Make a comment and enter the contest!

I am so all over the "free." All OVER it, I'm telling you.

When I was a little kid, I used to mix together all kinds of things in the kitchen, just to see what would happen. I was particularly fond of anything that had to do with baking powder and food coloring.

Steve Spangler has hundreds of experiments that you your kids can do in the kitchen or out in the back yard, and none of them cost very much if anything at all. With ingredients in your pantry, you and your kids can make the dry paragraphs in a science textbook come alive.

Kids love to make messes, blow things up, pop things across a room, stick their hands up to the elbows in goopy, swirly glow-in-the-dark goo, and make loud noises. Here's your chance to encourage just such conduct, only with educational objectives as your goal.

Ah, obsessions. Steve Spangler, won't you be mine? Sigh.

Check him out. He's fantastic.







Digg!
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 8:31 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html