<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Contest

I'm entering a contest! Why don't you enter it, too?

--writing challenge badge

Holidays often make us nostalgic for childhood: our own, most of all. Our lost childhoods, gone forever in a mist of memory and turning pages. . . . Looking back, I realize that the zeitgeist of my memory often depended on sheer serendipity. This realization has nothing much to do with any mantic sense; ataraxia is not a thing to be given a lick and a promise, no matter what our praxis might be. I especially love the memory of lying under my blankets, savoring my sapid, secret contraband of halvah, in the semilunar holiday bowl brought out only for December. No planned activity could ever have touched it.

====

Good luck to you, and good luck to me. I love contests.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 6:02 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html