<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pies R Round: All 3.14 Of Them

Those of you who have met me know that I look as though I devour an entire pie on a daily basis, but the truth is, I don't care for pies or most sweet desserts at all. However, I absolutely LOVE to make them, and tomorrow is my big annual Dessert-Making Day!

On the agenda: Apple Pie. Cherry Pie. Pecan Pie. Pumpkin Pie. Sweet Potato Pie. Persimmon Pudding. Fudge.

I also make the yeast rolls the day before the DAY, since on the DAY, the entire oven is pre-empted by the turkey. I like to make a lot, so I can deliver them around town to various friends.

The house, which is all shiny and clean (we won't talk about the downstairs) because of the appraisal today, will smell like a bakery starting around noon, because if you think I'm getting up early, you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

I never get up early unless I have no choice. I don't even like the feel of the air in the early morning. I love the late afternoon, yesssssss, and the darkness, and the howling of the wolves, those children of the night. . . .

Then on Thursday, my mother and my sisters and their families are coming down for Thanksgiving Dinner, and it's a time I look forward to all year long. I wish my brother and his family could come but that would be difficult because they don't really love me and not coming for the holidays proves it they live so far away. But my Tumorless Sister and my Other Sister will be there, with their spouses and kids, and our beautiful mother. It will be wonderful.

I hope they like pie.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 10:48 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html