<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Archaeologists Will Know Me By My Traces

Apple pie, sugarless: check.
Apple pie, regular: check.
Blueberry pie: check.
Pecan pie: check.
Cherry pie, sugarless: check.
Huge pan of fudge: check.
Three pans of persimmon pudding: check.
160 yeast rolls: check (I gave most of them away, but we've got three dozen for tomorrow!)

And now the oven will be free for the turkey in a few hours.

While that 19-pound bird is roasting, there will be considerable action on TOP of the stove. Green beans, noodles & cheese, mashed potatoes, gravy, and whatever my sisters and mother bring that might need some fire applied to it.

Let the annual Lard-n-Starch Reunion begin!

I'd like to tell you that all the spilled and burned blueberry juice from earlier this afternoon has been all cleaned up, but I can't do that because it's still there: charred but still fragrant. I'd like to tell you that I'll get it cleaned up before tomorrow night, but I can't do that, either.

Um, the spilled and burned blueberry juice from LAST year is still noticeable on the oven floor. Add to it all the spilled and burned pecan pie filling and a little bit of scorched cherry juice, and nobody would ever believe I haven't used my oven all summer.

Well, it was HOT.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 12:59 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html