<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

5, 4, 3, 2, 1. . .

I love this.




I went to the dentist this afternoon and just for the record, she is the BEST DENTIST in the world! Not only is she virtually painless, she's hilarious, and so very, very nice. Thank you, Dr. Alter. You rock. And so does everybody else in your office.

When I asked you if you had any ether, I meant it was just kidding.

We had to replace our old landline phones a few months ago. Our old phones displayed a red blinking light whenever we had voice mail, and I assumed the new phones did, too.

Never 'assume.'

Sunday night, I mentioned to Hub that we hadn't had any messages for an awfully long time. Monday afternoon, someone asked me if I'd received the message she'd left. I hadn't.

When I got home, I looked at the phones. Nothing was blinking, but I dialed the voice mail number anyway and holy SCHEISSE.

Um, if any of you left me a message since the middle of last June these past few weeks, I do apologize for not returning your call.

And now I know that I need to check my voice mail every night.

What if one of those messages had been from Ed McMahon?

Also, if any of my Tuesday morning students are reading this blog, I want to emphasize again that while it is true that I did indeed say "Let's all go there and GET SOME!" it is also very true that I was referring to the junior shake sale at Steak and Shake. The grins and snickers were understandable, though. No offense taken.

It was one last fling before the dental appointment.

P.S. Upon close examination, these new phones don't even HAVE any lights on them. My bad.

P.P. S. I hate it when somebody says "My bad." It's such a stupid expression.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 4:21 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html