<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Other Daughter


I just got back from a baby shower, given for my daughter's best friend B. This beautiful child young woman has been a part of my life ever since both girls were three years old. Not only do B and Belle share a friendship the likes of which is amazing in this day and age, B's mother is one of my dearest friends, and her father is one of my favorite conversationalists EVER.

These two girls young women used to be inseparable: almost every waking moment was spent in each other's company, and a lot of their sleeping moments, as well. Now that B is married and expecting a baby, the girls young women don't see each other as often as they'd like, but every time they do get together, it's as though nothing has changed. They are still and always will be kindred spirits.

I loved watching these two girls together, and I love watching these two young women together. They share a history and a present and a future that is beautiful and amazing to behold.

B, my darling, I have loved you like a daughter since you were three years old. I love your mother as the dear friend she has always been. I love your dad because he's just so much fun to hang out with. I love your husband M because he had the brains to choose you, and because the love he has for you shines out from his face even when you're not looking. I plan to love Baby E almost as much as her real grandparents plan to love her. I hope you share her with me, just a little bit.

Because, dear Belle and B, you know those identical blue and white outfits you two used to wear so much? The dreadful two-piece things you're wearing in the framed snapshot on my stereo speaker? The outfits above all other goofy ensembles you both loved so much at the time, and now love to make fun of all the time?

I still have them, packed away in the 'sentimental clothing' box. When E is big enough, I'm going to put one on her and take her picture.

Oh, and the gentlemen in the photograph, between my two girls? That's Dr. Demento. That's right, THE Dr. Demento.

You didn't know we wuz that cool, didja.


Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:28 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html