<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 12, 2007

Light in the Midst of Darkness

. . . but hark, all is not lost. Some of my students wield wonder with their pens.

"I know that across the sea, across the sand, and across the street, terrible things are being done in the name of religion. There is little I can do about it, physically, until the polls open up.

I do believe, however, that the simple fact that today people know, and yesterday they didn't, will make a difference, and that there is hope for the future. I also believe that now that more people know these simple facts, mountains might be moved by simple acts: prayer.

There will always be those who abuse others and justify it by saying they are only doing what their god would do were he aware of the need, but this has never made sense to me. The God I know already knows the need and doesn't want a puppet.

This picture touches me in ways I don't even know how to describe, but I can say this with certainty: The bad guys will lose. They will lose because they underestimate the world's capacity for putting up with them. The good guys will win. They will win because eventually something will happen that will make decent people all over the world say, 'Enough is enough.'

I worry about the immediate future, but not the ultimate future."

Each of my students is a walking bestseller.




Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:27 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html