<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 30, 2007

The New Carnival of Education Is Up. I'm Not Extraordinary.

The Carnival of Education is up and running, so please head on over there and take it all in. If you don't keep up on what's going on in your child's schools, how can you have an intelligent voice in it? You can't, that's what. So keep up! The Carnival of Education, right HERE.

In every one of my five new classes, there is at least one student who must work harder than anyone else, and who must ask more questions than anyone else, and who seems to have more of an invested interest in education than anyone else, and who seems to want to learn more than anyone else. I want those five students to know that it is because of them that I love my job so much that I go in early (unpaid) and stay late (also unpaid) so that just in case any of them needs me without the audience of the other students, they can find me. Those five students are also the reason that I put my home phone number on the syllabus.

No, I'm not extraordinary. I like to think, however, that I am good.* Those are merely things that all good teachers do.

It's the ones who teach only on the clock that you've got to beware of.

*. . . at TEACHING. Why, what were you thinking?

Darn right. DARN right.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:43 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html