<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaack

I'm back. Did anybody miss me?

I had a lovely visit with my brother and his family. We really didn't "do" anything, but sometimes that is the best kind of visit. Mostly, I just lived in their house with them and did what they did on a daily basis. I went to the Scholastic Book Fair with my sister-in-law a few times and pitched in, and I cooked for the family. One of my nephews was in a band concert. French horn. I went with my brother to one of his jam sessions. Bass. I loved it. I loved the entire week.

More and more I think that I was meant to be Mrs. Bridges, or Mrs. Fairfax, or some old fat housekeeper/cook for a big quirky family. I would rule the downstairs and the gentry upstairs would cater to me in every possible way rather than lose me to another family.

If I ever see anything like that advertised in the classifieds, I'm applying. I'm not going to hold my breath but you never know. Somewhere out there, a big family with a big house needs someone to cook for them, and that is what I love to do more than anything else.

I could still be an English professor and a pro-blogger. And an astronomer, a poet, an educational critic, and a ballerina on the side.

Oh, and if the house ever needs a new roof? I can do that, too.

In the meantime, I'm on vacation for another couple of weeks, and tomorrow I'm going to start on the lawn. The riding mower is on the fritz and I can't handle our huge tractor, so I'm hoping the push-mower will start.

I can certainly use the exercise. I look like Mrs. Jabba the Hutt.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 5:24 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html