<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

S*C*R*U*B*S


Oh holy cow, why didn't somebody TELL me?

Honestly, I haven't laughed so hard since my mother-in-law fell in a puddle in the woods and couldn't get up; she just lay there and we thought she was dead until she started wiggling her tiny little arms and legs and kind of choking because of the mud. . . . . Okay, I wasn't actually THERE, but I saw her walking out of the woods all covered with mud, and my husband still can't tell the story without laughing so hard he nearly has an aneurism. I won't let him talk about it if he's eating something; he could seriously die. Fifteen years or so after the fact, and even now all it takes is one little finger motion to set off the entire family. Yes, it was that insanely funny.

Item: I didn't laugh in front of her as everyone else in the family did. I consoled her, and I laundered her filthy mud-covered clothing for her. But on the inside, I was laughing just as hysterically as was her son, her sister, her brother, her in-laws, and her grandchildren.

I did my out-loud laughing behind her back. She's my mother-in-law, and I love her, and I figured she could use an ally.

But seriously, folks, if you could have SEEN this tiny little woman face-down in a very deep mud puddle, lying still as death, her audience hushed in horror as they awaited any sign of life from her, and the nearly-synchronized burst of laughter as those little arms and legs started to wiggle. . . .

Ahem. What was I blogging about? Oh, yes. M*A*S*H Scrubs. Thank you, dear Belle, for buying me Season One. I'm nearing the end of it and hope to get my hands on Season Two soon, and Season Three. . . . yes, there is a pattern here.

It's been a long time since I was in love with anything television had to offer. Let's see, when did M*A*S*H go off the air? Yes, that long.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:07 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html