<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mixmania Playlist Time, With Asterisks

Today is the day we post our Mystery Theme Mixmania playlists, so here's mine.

Mixmaniacal Mystery Theme

Disc One

  1. Love Hurts – Nazareth
  2. Love Set Fire – Moxy Fruvous
  3. Dreaming With Tears in my Eyes – U2
  4. It Doesn’t Matter – Alison Kraus
  5. Evaporated – Ben Folds
  6. Someone Else’s Story – from Chess
  7. Gollum’s Theme – Emiliana Torrinni
  8. Picture of the Moon – Gary Moore
  9. And So It Goes – Billy Joel
  10. Fly – Moxy Fruvous
  11. To Make You Feel My Love – Garth Brooks
  12. My One True Love – Petra Berger
  13. No Distance Left To Run – Blur
  14. Regresa A Mi – Il Divo
  15. When You Love Someone – Bryan Adams
  16. On My Own – Bernadette Peters
  17. What’ll I Do – Louden, Rufus, & Martha Wainwright and Kate McGarrigle
  18. Love Minus Zero – Eliza Gilkyson
  19. Outro With Bees – Neko Case

Disc Two

  1. Forgive Me Love (a cappella) – Alanis Morrisette
  2. Diamonds and Rust – Joan Baez
  3. If Only It Was So – Elaine Paige
  4. Smile – Harry Connick, Jr.
  5. Total Eclipse of the Heart – Bonnie Tyler
  6. Dance Me To The End of Love – Kate Gibson
  7. Lee – Moxy Fruvous
  8. Endlessly – Muse
  9. Girl in the Tower – from King's Quest 6
  10. I Was Made To Love Magic – Nick Drake
  11. How Can I Not Love – Joy Enriquez
  12. Haunted Heart – Jane Monheit
  13. Dream – Michael Buble
  14. It Hurts So Bad – Susan Tedeschi
  15. White Flag – Dido
  16. Not Enough Love – Faithless
  17. Dream a Little Dream of Me – kd lang and Tony Bennett
  18. Lullaby – Lester Norton *
  19. True Love Is Hard To Find – Toots & The Maytals and Bonnie Raitt
* Look closely at # 18: It's our very own Solonor!! Not only is his blog a really good read, but he is an extremely talented musician and you will probably want to order his cd, because, I'm telling you, he is really, really good. Click over and check him out. He's very nice and seldom bites people any more. And oh, man, is he ever a wonderful musician.

I got my mix several days ago and it's fantastic!!!!! I'm telling ya'll**, sign up for Patriside's Mixmania over on his blog when he posts the next theme, and you will be glad you did. Lots of free music and the chance to experience the musical tastes of other people.

**I'm tired.

Last night I wrote five midterm exams for five different classes. It took a while. I'm still really tired from the stress. Writing tests is something I actually enjoy, but midterms are big and five of them kind of wore me out. I could have used the book tests but they are not good enough for my students. Plus, the fonts on those book tests are very small, and I think that intimidates the students, besides making them squint. A good test should not be scary-looking or hard to read, and if a student is going to be left with a headache after taking it, it should not be from the effort of just trying to decipher it. So now, next week, my students will be taking midterm exams that are, of necessity, lengthy and detailed, but the questions are now crystal-clear, the choices are not ambiguous, and the content is fair. ***

***"Fair" as in "right and proper," not "fair" as in "so-so."

Besides, this semester, most of my students are over 35, and their eyes**** ain't what they used to be. Neither are mine.

****. . . and not just eyes, either.

Now I'm going to the kitchen to cut up some onions and potatoes and carrots***** and dump them into the pot with the roast beef, which has been cooking for almost two hours and is almost done.

*****Carrots first.

The roast is taking a long time because it was frozen, in case you are wondering. I should have taken it out of the freezer last night but I forgot, because I was busy writing exams.

And I don't like to thaw big hunks of meat in the microwave because I haven't figured out how to do it without partially cooking the edges.******

******Translation: crispy and burned.

It's a cold, cold night: perfect weather for a good boiled dinner. It's spitting snow. And there's a full moon, and an eclipse a little later.

Come on over for dinner. We've got plenty. And you can watch the eclipse ******from the deck in the back of the house.

******It's going to be a Shakespeare eclipse; a bloody devoured moon.






Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 7:13 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html