<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 05, 2007

Golden Crocuses and Luck


Spring is here. The crocuses always know.




Not much happening here, unless you're my neighbors down the road and behind. A small airplane crashed into their house today.

The radio and tv stations, and the police band, were saying only that the plane crashed into a house near the airport, and since that fits my house's description, my phone started ringing off the hook with concerned friends. To those concerned friends: I thank you all for caring. That means a lot.

The small airport just a little ways down the road gets a lot of traffic. Besides the many local people with small planes, the airport is used a lot by General Motors and Ford, and various other businesses in this area. The Navy uses it a lot, too; there's a huge naval base near here. That's right, a naval base right in southern Indiana. A really, really big one, too. We've lived here for thirty years, and I know of only three serious mishaps concerning the airport, counting the guy on the motorcycle who was killed by a deer. We're not allowed to skate on the runways any more because of the deer.

But then, I'm from a generation that played close to incredible danger and didn't even know it. We used to lie on the banks beside the railroad tracks, our toes almost touching the rails, so we could feel the breeze as the train sped past. We used to walk through those huge sewer pipes, during the dry season, and pretend they were caves. There were a lot of them right in the middle of town, and we called them all "Dead Man's Cave." And since this is southern Indiana, there were, of course, real caves everywhere. And quarries! But I digress.

It's spring, even though the calendar doesn't know it yet. And I am feeling very fortunate today; my house is intact and so am I.

God bless the family of the pilot.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 6:43 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html