<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Saving the Universe, A Little Bit At A Time

Update: she's posted. Now I can tell you who she is. Please click. . . .HERE. I hope you all take a moment to tell her she's a hero.

I am feeling very humbled and grateful and happy and relieved and sad today. Not because of a missed luncheon date, or a furnace, but because of something infinitely more important.

I feel this way because I have a friend who is a hero, an actual, real-life hero. I have a friend who did an incredibly brave thing, at no small personal risk. I have a friend who refused to look the other way, and who stepped in, and interfered, and got called names for it, and stayed anyway. I have a friend who did the right thing. I have a friend who saved a little piece of the world last night.

Many of you know my friend. I won't put a link here until she blogs about it herself, but once she does, I will link to it and you will ALL know what a fantastic, courageous, unselfish person she is.

I am so proud. I have a friend who is a hero.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 2:43 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html