<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 08, 2007

I Don't Like To Think That I'm Losing My Magic Touch

Nope, still no heat in this house. Nothing but green wet wood that WILL NOT BURN, and the usually reliable woodstove is inconceivably ornery. ("You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. . . .")

It's supposed to get down to eleven degrees tonight ("These go to eleven.") so after class today I have to go to WalMart (Noooooooooooo. . . . .) and buy an electric space heater. (I'm going to try to heat the universe.) (Beginning with this room.)

Stupid furnace.

I think the thing that makes me maddest is that I am usually FANTASTIC with the one-match-fire. Have I lost my touch? All my life, I have been really, really good at making the wood burst into flames, with one, single, solitary little match. Soaking wet wood, green wood, weird unlabel-able wood. . . it didn't matter. One match in my hands and it erupted into flames. I have even done the unthinkable, and cheated with charcoal, here. Nothing. What's happening wit dis? I was FAMOUS for one-match-fires, big ones, long-lasting ones, huge brilliant bursts of enduring heat. (Oh, yeah, make of it what you will. . . .)

Heh.

Not this time, and I don't like it.

I can't wait to get to the college; THEY'VE got heat. I hope.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 7:33 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html