<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 13, 2006

Second-Hand Lions

 
Big Lots had a huge display of marked-down movies the other day, and I bought Second-Hand Lions for a dollar.  I'd never seen it, and I wanted to.  People whose opinions of movies I respected had recommended it to me.  (That's almost the only reason I ever watch a new movie.)  (Reviews mean nothing to me.)
 
A few minutes ago, I finished watching it.  It was fantastic.
 
Usually, I am too upset by any movie that features a selfish,  skanky mother to even enjoy the film, but even though my blood pressure rose while I sat in my kitchen passing judgement on her, the two eccentric uncles more than made up for her shortcomings, and that's really all she had.  No redeeming characteristics whatsoever, just skanky shortcomings.
 
So she made one positive decision at the end.  It was the only one she ever made.
 
But I digress.
 
I loved the two uncles and I wish they'd been mine.  I loved the lion.  I loved the kid.  I loved Jasmine.  I loved the sheik's grandson. 
 
You can buy this movie at Big Lots now, cheaper than you can rent it.  Besides, it's one you'll want to keep so you can re-watch it. 
 
Second-Hand Lions.  What wondrous quality. . . .
 
I recommend it to you all, most highly. 
Powered By Qumana
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 6:21 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html