<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 25, 2006

No Chocolate For Me, Thank You.

Before you do anything else today, get over to Patriside's blog and sign up for MixMania. Git!

Yesterday, my kids came down to visit. One of them let the cat into the house. Everyone fawned all over him for hours, because that is what is properly done with one's cat. Then my kids went back to their respective homes, and I went to bed.

I got up this morning around five thirty, and left the house at six-fifteen IN THE MORNING. (it's agony.)

By the time I got home tonight, it was close to six thirty. I heard the cat crying for attention. I followed the meows to the guest room's closed door. I opened the door. I found the cat. He had been in the guest room all night and most of today.

I also found the little not-such-a-surprise he left, to perhaps remind us to check the guest room before retiring for the night and leaving for school the next morning.


Oh, don't worry; I cleaned it up. The smell is nearly gone. By the time any of you get here, there won't be a trace of any kind.

I will have to say, though, that when I first got home tonight I wanted some chocolate desperately, but the moment has passed. I can't imagine why.

It also boggles my mind that a grown man can sit in his chair in the living room reading for hours and not hear a desperate cat's cries.

UPDATE: My apologies to Hub, as the cat was napping all day and didn't make any noise 'til I came home.

Ah, well, at least it took my mind off my student who told the class today that he had never heard of the Pentagon before September 11.

"I thought it was something at King's Island."

To which another student replied, "No, man, that's the Eiffel Tower."

And a young lady then said, "I've been up in that. It always looks so much bigger in movies."

And the first student said, "Nah, that's just special effects. But I bet the park loses money whenever they film there."

See? A little pile of cat poop isn't all that bad.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 6:40 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html