<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11 MixMania Playlist

My MixMania playlist might appear innocent enough, but the reality is, each song is mixed and interspersed with news, and real people's weeping and disbelief, and horror, and explosions, and screams, and the sounds of glass and stones and steel falling, and presidential quotations, and the result is very, very disturbing. But this theme was supposed to reflect my 'take' on what happened on this date, five years ago, and that's exactly what this mix does. It horrifies me, and reminds me; it soothes me with beautiful music, and then it reminds me again. I can't listen to it all in one sitting; it's too intense. I cry, every time.

Disc One
1. American National Anthem – US Marine Band
2. Presidential Address – George W. Bush
3. Attack On America Montage
4. Hero – Enrique Iglesias
5. I Will Remember You – Amy Grant
6. I Believe – Blessed Union of Souls
7. Higher – Creed
8. New York Minute – Don Henley
9. Everybody Hurts(Attack on America) – REM
10. Everybody Hurts (cont) – REM
11. America the Beautiful – Willie Nelson
12. Only Time – Enya
13. There Will Come A Day –Faith Hill
14. Star Spangled Banner – Faith Hill
15. Angel – Sarah McLachlan
16. Remember Me This Way – Jordan Hill

Disc Two
1. One More Day – Diamond Rio
2. Wish You Were Here – Fred Durst & Johnny Reznik
3. Overcome – Live
4. Imagine – John Lennon
5. News Montage
6. Stuck In A Moment – U2
7. America/Montage – Various Artists
8. The Change – Garth Brooks
9. Fragile – Sting
10. Hands – Jewel
11. The Dance – Garth Brooks
12. Angels In Heaven – Higher Faith
13. Independence Day – Martina McBride
14. Please Remember Me – Leann Rimes
15. If I Should Fall Behind – Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:37 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html