<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 14, 2006

Less Wisdom, Less Me.

I'm back from the oral surgeon. It wasn't as bad as I remembered; I'd gotten two wisdom teeth pulled back in college and it was gross, but this time? Not so much. This oral surgeon was fantastic. He was funny and friendly and he did it in less than five minutes. (oh, hush, I'm not talking about THAT.) His assistant was a former student, and that was a little weird but she was a lovely girl and I trusted her completely. With anything 'dental,' the anticipation is always worse than the reality. It's not like Christmas, where the anticipation is the best part.

My face still feels like a beach ball and I'm starting to feel a twinge, but other than that, and the fact that I can't eat anything for 24 hours, I'm fine.

I think it's a good time to go on a diet.

There, I've said it in public so now I HAVE to do it.

I'm going to BlogHer next year in Chicago, and no way do I want any of those people I admire so much to see me as I look right now. Heck, I don't even like to see me looking like this.

Therefore, consider the diet begun. I'd tell you my goal but then you'd know how huge I actually am, and some things are best left unknown.

I know I can do it; I've done it before. And I'm going to do it again.

No food today or tonight. And tomorrow, as soon as I finish off the caramel-chocolate-pecan ice cream hidden in the freezer I begin my new regime. Expect some crankiness at first.

Heh, like you've never seen THAT before.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 5:19 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html