<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Because I Can.

 
Sometimes, I watch Disney movies all by myself in the kitchen.  This used to embarrass me but now I really don't care who knows.  I'm an old woman and I love to cry over Disney fantasy flicks.
 
"The Incredibles" is a really fun film.  I'm watching it now, in fits and starts.
 
Even though the Disney writers changed and, in some cases, ruined the story-line of most of the classics, I will never outgrow the beautiful fairy tales and stories of my childhood:  Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (my eternal favorite), Fantasia, Bambi, Peter and the Wolf, Pinocchio, Dumbo, 101 Dalmations (NOT the remake!), Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Lady and the Tramp, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid (in the real Anderson story, she died), Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, the Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Rescuers, and none of the sequels.  And especially, none of the remakes.  Bah.
 
Item:  Just because it's Disney doesn't mean it's intended for the pre-K audience.  Do the research yourself; that's your job.  "Hunchback" is an awesome flick but if you rent it for your very young child, you're nuts.  It'll scare the scheisse out of them.
 
I watch anything with Hayley Mills, then, now, and always.  And I always loved to watch "Swiss Family Robinson."   I love "Escape to Witch Mountain."  The sequel, not so much.  "Pollyanna" was charming; my favorite part, though, is when she falls out of the tree.  That 'thump' scared me off my chair and onto the floor.  "The Parent Trap" will always be one of my very favorite films.  (The original, not that horrible remake.  Booooo, bad.)
 
I'm not a fan of slapstick Disney.
 
Not a fan of Mickey Mouse. 
 
Never was fond of Pocahontas, or Mulan.  Or Hercules.
 
I think I loved Witch Mountain so much because. . . .well, for the same reason I love the X-Men, and Superman, and the Legion of Super-Heroes.  I wanted to be one of them.
 
I sit in the kitchen and relive my childhood by watching the princesses and princes and people and creatures I watched as a child.  The older flicks still take my breath away.  The newer ones I like, some of them, but they do not have the patina of personal history.
 
And now, back to the kitchen for some more Incredible viewing.
 
What, did you think I was mature?  Heh.
Powered By Qumana
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 10:08 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html