<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

667: Neighbor of the Beast

It's 6/6/06, and time to post our Evil Mix for Patriside's Mixmania. Mine is, as usual, odd. Some of the songs on my mix are obviously evil, but others? They are only 'evil' to me, because they remind me of someone or something or some time that, to me, was, well, evil. Maybe it was playing in the background when someone broke up with me when I was in high school. Maybe it was the first song I heard after I read a frightening story, or newspaper article. Maybe it was a song that played as I danced with a friend and spotted someone else dancing across the room, with someone else. Maybe it was playing on the radio as I drove to a funeral. Maybe it was the last song I heard before a parent-teacher conference with a truly dreadful parent. Or maybe it played as I steeled myself for a conference wherein I was sitting on the parent's side of the table. Maybe it's a song that just simply makes me think evil thoughts. It might be from a show, a song that made me sit in the audience and try not to cry. Some songs just send shivers of fear down my back for no logical reason. Or maybe it's a song that sums up my own thoughts so well that only some kind of 'entity' could possibly have known what I was thinking.

Most of my songs are either old, quirky, or 'different.' There's a reason for that.

I'm old, quirky, and 'different.'


Evil Mix: The Dark Recesses of my Mind

Mix One:

1. Mephistopheles – Beethoven’s Last Night - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

2. Mephistopheles’ Return – Beethoven’s Last Night - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

3. Midnight – Beethoven’s Last Night - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

4. What Good This Deafness – Beethoven’s Last Night - Trans-Siberian Orchestra

5. Something Wicked This Way Comes – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

6. In The End – Linkin Park

7. Psycho Killer – Moxy Fruvous

8. Phantom’s Theme (Beauty and the Beast) (from The Phantom of the Paradise) – Paul Williams

9. Three Little Pigs – Green Jelly

10. Ultraviolence (A Clockwork Orange) – Walter Carlos

11. Evil Angel – Rufus Wainwright

12. Early One Morning – The King’s Singers (I can barely even think about this song without falling apart. Long story.)

13. Someone Else’s Story – from Chess

14. The Closest Thing To Crazy – Katie Melua

15. Crossroads – Bone Thugs In Harmony

16. A Prayer – Madeleine Peyroux

17. Mad World – from Donnie Darko

18. Golliwog’s Cakewalk – Tomita

19. I’m A Monster – Ours

20. Hurt – Johnny Cash

21. Creep (acoustic) – Radiohead

22. Endlessly – Muse

23. Fractured Fairy Tales – Theme

Mix Two:

1. Suicide Is Painless – from MASH

2. Can Can – Bad Manners

3. Unsettled Scores – Michael Ball (me too, Michael.) (p.s: you're cute.)

4. Letting Go – Sozzi

5. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart – Bee Gees

6. Drowned – Ours

7. Against All Odds – Phil Collins

8. Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf

9. Voices Carry – Til Tuesday

10. Walk in the Rain – Steve Conte

11. Love Minus Zero – Rod Stewart ( I know he sounds exactly like Winnie the Pooh, but I love this song, even though it makes me remember something. . . .)

12. Don’t Cry Out Loud – Diana DeGarmo (try not to picture that scene in "Drop Dead Gorgeous")

13. Stay – Shakespeare’s Sister

14. Porcelain – Red Hot Chili Peppers

15. Misery – The Moffatts

16. Caoineadh Cu Chulainn – from Riverdance (I loved that electric violin, but there is something about this scene that scares me to death.)

17. Everybody Hurts – REM

18. You Stole The Sun From My Heart – Manic Street Preachers (the more my son makes fun of this song, the creepier it gets. I have no explanation.)

19. Love Hurts – Nazareth

20. Butterfly - Weezer

I hope the person who got my mix enjoyed it.

Powered By Qumana
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:01 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html