<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Movie Review. Verdict: Boring and Stupid.

 
I watched "Bringing Down the House" tonight.  I am a big Steve Martin fan, and the blurbs looks interesting.
 
The blurbs were wrong.  This was one of the lamest movies I've ever seen.  I fast-forwarded through parts of it, to get to the end. 
 
It was a waste of talent.  Steve Martin is usually fantastic but in this movie he was really, really lame; Queen Latifah should sue her agent for letting her do this film; Betty White was her usual hilarious self playing a clueless racist twit;  Jean Smart was a wuss, and Joan Plowright stole the show. 
 
Word to them all:  You don't HAVE to do every movie that's thrust in your faces, you know.  Be a little more discriminating.  Reject the lame scripts, or you'll find yourself on the big screen saying lines such as "I kicked it off the heezy and bounced... fo' real, tho!" and expecting people to take you seriously.  Oh wait, that already happened. 
 
That's ninety minutes I'll never get back.  Really sixty, since I fast-forwarded through most of the last half.  If I hadn't been reading a good book while I was watching, I'd really be mad. 
 
Multi-tasking.  It keeps me from many a tantrum when one part of it turns out poorly.
Powered By Qumana
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:36 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html