<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Spotted Asses

Once upon a time, a long time ago, a bunch of Camp Towaki counselors were reading the newspaper and saw that The American Council of Spotted Asses was giving a show that next Saturday afternoon. We decided to go. Some of the girls wanted to go because they taught horseback riding, and were actually interested in seeing the donkeys and mules.

The rest of us just wanted the t-shirt. Did they sell t-shirts? If there were t-shirts, I was there.

A t-shirt that said "Spotted Asses." I wore that shirt till it was too raggedy to dust with. I wore it mostly because my mother hated it and made the mistake of telling me so. And also because it had the word 'asses' on it, in proper context so nobody could make me take it off. Well, maybe they could, but that's a whole 'nuther story and has nothing to do with 'asses.' Well, actually, no, wait. . . . . oh never mind. Too much information, huh.

Sometimes when I'm bored, I type in names of people, places, and things I know, just to see what's out there. Tonight, I typed in "American Council of Spotted Asses" and whatta you know, it still exists. And they still sell t-shirts.

No, I'm not going to buy one. Not now. But I did get the giggles looking at them, and remember all those years ago when I wore mine defiantly proudly, revelling in the attention and the questions and the coolness of wearing a shirt with 'asses' on it.

Did I mention that it was, um, a really long time ago?


Believe it.






Powered By Qumana
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:13 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html