Thursday, January 12, 2006
Music, and the sweet anticipation of sleeping late.Tonight's random playlist:
1. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
2. Danny Boy - Eva Cassidy
3. Simple Gifts - Alison Krauss
4. By the Rivers of Babylon - Boney M.
5. Aldonza - Joan Diener
6. Society's Sequence - Authority Zero
7. Beware the Friendly Stranger - Boards of Canada
8. Explain It To Me - Liz Phair
9. Sounds of Silence - Emiliana Torrini
10. In The Water, I Am Beautiful - Dallas Green
11. The Rainbow Connection - Sarah McLachlan
12. Teddy Bear's Picnic - Trout Fishing in America
13. Orange Wedge - Chemical Brothers
14. Migildi Magildi - The King's Singers
15. Dancing Cheek to Cheek - Moxy Fruvous
16. Go To the Mirror/Listening to You - "Tommy" soundtrack
17. Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice - Peter Schickele
18. Aimee Mann and Michael Penn - Two of Us
19. Apocylyptica - Nothing Else Matters
20. Operatica - O Del Mio Dolce
And as I'm typing, it's "Feels Like Rain," by John Hiatt.
It's only Thursday night, but for me the weekend has started. I have no classes on Fridays this semester. What a FIRST for me!!!!! I'm sleeping in, on a weekday!!! I've already packed Hub's lunch (I do that because I like to pack lunches for people) and I've already told him to do his stuff without waking me up tomorrow.
I wonder who will be the first to phone me in the morning? Will it be a doctor? A magazine salesman? (they've been driving us INSANE these past few months!!!) My mother? His mother? A child? (That's why I can't turn the phone off, you see. What if someone needs me?) (The mothers and the children know that if they wake me up on a day off when it's not an emergency, I will not be a happy camper. Or even a reasonable camper.) Will it be a wrong number? Will that old man who keeps calling me and getting angry because I'm not the church, call in the morning? Will it be someone with a poll? A local charity, soliciting for money? I know someone will phone me. Or worse, ring my doorbell early in the morning.
I know it will be someone, because it always happens. You'd think most people were AWAKE before noon, or something. It's almost as if there were people who were awake and up and dressed and perky and happy and ready to interact with the general public, at that hour.
Okay, most days I'm one of them. That is, I'm up. I'm not awake, and I'm not perky, and I'm not happy, or ready to do much friendly interacting with people, but I'm up. Only because I have to be.
When I DON'T have to be, I'm not. I love the night and I loathe the early morning. Unless, of course, I see the beautiful sunrise because I'm still up, and can go to bed immediately afterwards.
If you are Ed McMahon, reading this blog, please come over any time. You don't have to call first. I'll be surly and haggish when I open the door, but after I see
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:34 PM | |