<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

A little recognition, plural.

The latest Carnival of Education is now up; click here and go read it. Not keeping up on all the latest issues is one reason why we as a nation are, well, not keeping up with all the latest issues! That, and a scary trend of wishy-washy adults, but I digress. Go read what some teachers and parents have to say this week.

And don't forget to go HERE and vote for your favorite blogs. We're probably too old to get excited over a sticker on a page we worked hard on, but. . . . on second thought, we're never too old for a sticker! Go vote and give your favorite bloggers a sticker for their hard work! You noticed and liked; now go tell the authors you did!

As for "Mrs. Doubtfire," I really liked it. Except for the ending. I know I'm dangerously naive for my age, but I much prefer a perfect happy ending. I know, I know, real life has few of those, but it does have some, and I like my movies to have happy endings. Oh, it was a "happy" ending, but it wasn't my kind of happy ending. Not that I'm picky or anything. And Sally Field was so anal, she really got on my nerves. That kind of person makes me strive harder to be off-the-wall. That's awful, isn't it. And at my AGE!!! Too bad so many school principals have a corncob up their. . . . but I digress. But in case you were wondering, that's why so many of them walk funny. They have to, lest it fall out.

There is a blueberry pie in my oven as I type. It's for a dear friend, the teacher I taught 'right next door to' for so many years. Blueberries are her favorite, and she's one of my favorite people, so I always make her a blueberry pie for Christmas. I had some pie dough left over so I made two tiny little apple pies using two tiny little pie tins left over from two tiny little Banquet pot pies. Each one used up one tiny little Granny Smith apple. Hub can snack on them later tonight.

And since I finished up "Mrs. Doubtfire," I watched "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" while I worked. And when it was done, I put in "Love Actually." I think I know it by heart, now. I'm still obsessed with it.

'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' is one of my all-time favorite novels. I've never yet seen a movie version that satisfied me, but this one came fairly close. It's the old one, with Peggy Ann Garner as Francie. It left out a lot, as movies ALWAYS do (bah!) but what it had, was cherce, to quote Tracy on Hepburn. I highly recommend this novel to everyone on the planet. It will enrich your life in many ways.

And now, back to the kitchen to wait for the oven timer and watch Professor Snape betray Professor Trelawney. I mean. . . . oh, you know what I mean.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 2:35 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html