<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day, formerly Armistice Day

I wanted to say something about the significance of this day, but there is no way I could ever top Ed or the Three Good Doctors.

Go to both of these pages and you will read far better commentary than I could ever manage.

Back in junior high, we all had to memorize the poem Flanders Fields, written by Canadian field surgeon John McRae. I had no idea what it was really about until much later, in college.

Once you realize that meaning, you'll never look at a cemetary of any kind in the same way again.


Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 8:26 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html