<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 11, 2005

Sustained Silent Reading

Dear Student Who Was Reading A Novel Instead Of Paying Attention In Class:

Glad as I am that you are reading for pleasure, please put your novel away until class is over. If you think I embarassed you today, just you wait.

If you don't believe me, ask the student in the class before you, who was reading a newspaper while I was lecturing.

It was the third time he got it out that set me off.

Yeah, that third time is a charm, all right.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Mamacita

P.S. Couldn't you at least read a GOOD novel in my class?

==

Speaking of Sustained Silent Reading, I'm all for it, but I can't help but think that a public secondary school teacher who devotes half of every single class to it is perhaps a bit on the lazy side. . . . .

It was hearing about him saying "If we have enough time left after your Silent Reading, we'll have a lesson," that tipped me off.

I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but REALLY now.

I'm just sayin'. And so are your students.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:18 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html