<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Postcards from the edge. Of my deck.

I can't get over how beautiful the view from the back patio is, right now. Most of the trees in the woods back there are bare now, but there are a few leaves that were standing behind the door when the order came to "jump," and they're still clinging. . . . like a scared parachute jumper who got to the edge of the open airplane door and changed his mind. They're gripping the branches and trembling; they're determined in their cowardice. Or maybe they just liked the status quo. Or maybe they're rebels.

The sun sets behind those trees every night and the past few nights it's been spectacular. And after the sun is finally gone, the night sky is extra-beautiful, too. The moon-shadows of the woods look like a reflection in water, and the blowing leaves look like fish. When the cat walks through the leaves, it sounds like Rockchild's Bigfoot. I love the crunchy sound the wind makes, blowing through and across those leaves. See what people who rake, miss?

Some day I'd like to have a digital camera of my own. Hub has one, and when he's here he's great about letting me use it, but he carries it with him all the time so my chances of getting my hands on it are small. When I do, some day, get my own camera, I'll carry it with me all the time, too. You never know when you see something you'd like to see forever.

Somebody is soooo getting a package in the mail soon.

(Does anybody else's blogroll seem to be missing tonight?)
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 8:21 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html