<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, November 27, 2005

I won't want to eat again for at least a week. Yeah, right.

We're back, from a lovely weekend with family across the state line to the north. Whenever I visit them I always think I could never love them more than I already do, but each time I'm proven wrong, because each time I love them more. If families could be custom-ordered, I would still choose these people. I'm not sure they would choose me, though.

Our visit culminated with a trip to Jeff's church, which is quite possibly the first and only church I've ever attended that I found perfect in every way. Jeff himself is the best minister I've heard in a long, long time, even better than that evangelist our home church hired, years ago, who filled the pews night after night, spoke right to our hearts, and on the last night, confessed that he was a pedophile who struggled against temptation every day. It was what you might call a surprise ending to revival week. I will say the guy had our full attention that night.

Jeff, I've said this before but I'll say it again. If I lived in Michigan, I'd go to your church every time the doors were unlocked. Yes, you are that good, and I love you, and all your family.

And you know, too, that even though I do love you dearly, I'd tell you if I didn't like your preaching.

Do any of you live in the Detroit area? Check out Jeff's church. Seriously, you'll thank your lucky stars every day that you found it.

Jeff will be starting a blog soon, too. I'll keep you posted. You won't want to miss that.

I also want to thank everyone in both of our families for not fixing green bean casserole. I hate that stuff.

Thursday, we hosted my family here. The only problem I have with that is that they never stay long enough. They always start to pack up to leave way sooner than I would have them go. Come on, Mom, Sister2, Sister3, NieceAndHubby, Nephew, etc, sit back down and stay longer. It's really important to me that anyone who enters my house in any way, for any reason, have a pleasant time and want to return soon and often. I hope this held true for my sisters and their families. Sisters dear, if any of you have a bone to pick about your time in my home, just let me know, and I'll post my reply along with a dozen or so interesting pictures we took while you were all eating.

Seriously. I love company, and I love my families, and I love my children, and my friends, and all of you. Is there a limit to how much love the human heart can hold? I think not.

I hope all of you had a grand and glorious Thanksgiving weekend, full of family and fun and friends and all kinds of positive things.

And I'm REALLY glad I didn't have to gag oversmile and force down any green bean casserole. I would have, and the bringer of it would never have known, but this way is much better.

I would like to know why my youngest sister didn't bring her usual strawberry pie, though. What's up with that?

I'm glad to be home again. Jiggety jig, there's no place like home.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 10:09 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html