<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Patriside is the boss of me.

UPDATE!!
I got my MixMania cd's in the mail and they are WONDERFUL! Thank you so very much, Hank. I love them!

Patriside tells me it's time to post my MixMania playlist. I always obey Jim implicitly, whatever he tells me to do, so here's my playlist. And yes, I'd probably jump off a bridge if he told me to.

By my way of thinking, a good Road Trip song must be good to sing along with. Loudly!!!!! Sing, and beat time on the dashboard with a shoe, a la Kruschev.

I bet most of you don't understand THAT reference. Sigh.

Most of these songs were burned for a road trip that Belle and I took last summer. Plus a few that I love but she doesn't.

Road Trip Disc 1

Stick Shifts and Bucket Seats – Cake ( I LOVE Cake. And I love the band, too. A few years ago, my 8th graders were singing this one all up and down the halls.)

King of Spain – Moxy Fruvous (The best road trip sing-a-long EVER.)

Wolverine’s Theme – Jewel (He heals very quickly.)

Psycho Killer – Moxy Fruvous (Fantastic cover, and I like it better than the original. Better run run run run run run run away. . . .)

Are You Lonesome Tonight (Laughing Version) – Elvis Presley (Hilarious) (Sing it, baby!)

Hotel Yorba – White Stripes (So much fun to sing along with!) (All they got inside is vacancy.)

You Will Go To The Moon – Moxy Fruvous (On Thursday, August 14, 1997, the Shuttle Discovery crew was graced with this song for their morning wake-up call.

I Am The Highway – Audioslave (Road trip. Highway.)

Istanbul – Moxy Fruvous (I never get tired of singing along with them. Never, ever, ever.)

Ghost Riders in the Sky – Johnny Cash (Yup.)

The Lion Sleeps Tonight – Rockapella (It isn't possible to just listen, you HAVE to sing along!)

Born to be Wild – Steppenwolf (The best road trip song ever.)

What’s Going On – 4 Non Blondes (Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, I said HEY. . . .)

TNT – ACDC (Oi, oi, oi, oi, see me ride out to the sunset. . . .)

Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous – Good Charlotte (Because you keep passing fabulous homes and because you hate Robin Leach, you sing this one instead.)

Take On Me – A Ha (Always good for any kind of mix.)

Don’t Be Cruel – Cheap Trick (It just reminds me of a road trip. )

One More Minute – Authority Zero (Belle and Momy, riding along. . . .)

Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen (Does this one really need an explanation?)

Canyonero – from The Simpsons (12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American Pride! )

Air Force Ones – Nelly (Big boys stompin'. . . .)

Goodbye – The New Amsterdams (Wait up for me, you're where I want to be)

Road Trip Disc 2

A Thousand Miles – Vanessa Carlton (A good road trip is a thousand miles, you know.)

I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness (It's just fun to sing along with.)

Seven Nation Army – White Stripes (I'm going to Wichita, far from this opera forevermore)

Ghostbusters – Ray Parker Jr. (Who you gonna call?)

Puttin’ on the Ritz – Taco (So fun to sing along with) (Spending every dime, for a wonderful time)

50 Ways To Leave Your Lover – Paul Simon (Yes indeedy.) (Just slip out the back, Jack.)

Blue – Eiffel 65 (. . . like my Corvette!) (No, not mine)

El Paso – Old 97’s (All of their songs are good for a road trip)

Me and Bobby McGee – Janis Joplin (One of my favorites for traveling)

Drowning – Ours (It's unbelievable)

Float On – Modest Mouse (It's just so much fun) (And we'll all float on, okay)

Break My Stride – Matthew Wilder (No explanation needed, right?) (Ain't nothing gonna slow me down)

Dead Skunk – Louden Wainwright (Stinking to high heaven. . . .)

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper (And we do, riding along on a road trip.)

Little Old Lady from Pasadena – Jan and Dean (That would be me. Except for the Pasadena thing. And the speed.)

Yellow Submarine – Beatles (Can't be listened to in silence. )

Tubthumper – Chumbawumba (Lyrics must be shouted in car with open windows.)

We Didn’t Start the Fire – Billy Joel (Some people's daughters have this memorized)

Tire Tracks and Broken Hearts – Bonnie Tyler (Nobody likes this song but me. Hmph.)

Jump Jive and Wail – Brian Setzer Orchestra (Because it's fun. )

Oh, and while we're on the subject of awesome funky music. . . .

See this picture? That's Belle and her best friend Bess. And Dr. Demento.


Yes. THAT Dr. Demento.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:35 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html