<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I try to be nice but I know major suckage when I see it.

I hope that I am a nice person, really I do. I try to be helpful, and considerate, and kind, and understanding. I go way overboard trying to help people sometimes, but that is just how I am, so forget about trying to reform me, I ain't gonna change now. I'm helping you and that's that.

Why then do I feel so incredibly hard-nosed about the people who are emptying out the stores and abandoned homes down on the gulf coast? Shouldn't I be pitying them and understanding that times are hard (understatement!) and making soothing noises about milk and bread and diapers and formula? Well, shouldn't I?

Because, you see, I'm not.

When I see these videos and read these articles, what I see are thieves, taking advantage of the chaos, and helping themselves to the property of others.

Jean Valjean stole a loaf of bread because he wanted to try and save the life of a starving child. He didn't grab a large-screen TV, some dvd players, a case of cigarettes, a dozen or so cd's, and a shopping cart full of beer and pop. One loaf of bread for a good cause is one thing; two dozen loaves and the entire contents of the Pepsi display are quite another.

When I look at the videos and pictures, and read the articles, what I see are cheap punky thieves. Graceless "humans" who are cheating, stealing, hurting, and otherwise making a horrible situation that much more horrible, adding themselves to the long list of horrors that the good people must deal with in the midst of this mess.

Yes, they are desperate. Yes, they were poor before and are poorer now and are taking advantage of the situation to get some 'stuff' while the getting is good. Yes, they feel justified. Yes, many of them are smirking into the cameras, floating a bag of someone else's belongings and waving to the media. Yes, a few have enough humanity left to feel ashamed of what they are doing, yet they do it anyway and try to hide their faces from the camera's accusing lens. Yes, they are laughing as they kick in the door and help themselves to the livelihood of some poor storekeeper or homeowner who actually worked for a living. Yes, some of them are white, and some of them are black. Some of them might be plaid or polka-dotted, I don't care. It makes no difference. All of them are thieves.

All my life, people have teased me about my bleeding heart. Believe me, my heart is bleeding all over the place over this tragedy.

Not for the thieves, though. For the decent people who are being devastated twice: once by Katrina and again by their fellow man.

No, my heart is not bleeding for the thieves.

The thieves are scum.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 11:04 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html