<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Carnivals and babies.

The latest Carnival of Education is now up over at Education Wonks, and I hope you all go over there to read up on what's going on with your kids' schools these days. It's politics, you know, and like any political matters, how can you cope if you don't keep up? You will also be directed to many teacher blogs, and their opinions might surprise you. Or not, depending on how much you keep up. Did I mention that all parents should be keeping up with hot educational topics?

I'm going to be cleaning and child-proofing the guest room today. I can't WAIT till Ben and Christophe get here.

By 'cleaning' I mean, running the sweeper and kicking all the stuff that shows back under the bed. I'll run a dustcloth over the dresser. The guest-bed sheets are fresh out of the dryer, and a big pork tenderloin is thawing in the 'fridge.

I love company.

I was finally able to access the faculty website and post my grades. Why are websites always 'down' when I especially need them to be 'up?' I really enjoyed my summer class; my students were all lovely hardworking people, and I will miss them. Also, it was the first time I ever taught a class where EVERYBODY passed! And nobody got a D! (They don't get credit for a D.)

The Community College concept is one of the best things ever to come from the pen of a politician. I like it and approve of it more every time I walk through the door. Hmm, I'm going to think about this some more and maybe post about it in greater detail later.

It's so nice to have textbooks that haven't been censored and dumbed-down. I'll post about this concept later, too. I promised someone I would a while back and what with computer breakdown and forgetfulness and pre-alzheimers and laziness and all, I haven't done it yet.

Now, everyone run over to visit Genuine and give the family all the good wishes you can muster, because they are having a BABY today! Isn't it wonderful? A new baby always makes me hopeful about the world in general.

As Carl Sandburg said, "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. "

The Genuines are such awesomely nice people, too. Any baby in its right mind would be thrilled to join them.

My house is so quiet and peaceful. I hate it. I wants me some chaos.

I think it's time to go into the kitchen, crank up the music, and open the refrigerator.

That refrigerator opens really easily. That's one of my problems.

But only one.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 2:07 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html