<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

No scurvy for me.

I'm not dead, but thanks for asking. I just don't have a computer of my own, STILL, and don't have much opportunity now to get online. A few minutes here, a few minutes there, but no longish 'thoughtful post' time.

A few weeks ago, I hurt myself pretty badly when the weedeater attacked me. The slashes still look awful but the infection is gone now, and the poison ivy that erupted between the slashes is under control. That's what happens when you're weedeating poison ivy vines when the small mechanical devices turn on you. My doctor gave me some powerful antibiotic capsules that cleared all that infection right up. He was actually more concerned about the slashes than the itchiness, because when you're diabetic, the legs are often the first to go. Witness my dad.

And now, it's time to run the weedeater again. I'm more than just a little bit afraid of it now, which is silly but still. . . . I also realize that I left the big orange outdoor extension cord out in the yard when I started bleeding, and it's been there ever since. It's raining now but when it dries out again, I'll plug it in and start slashing. Just weeds, this time. I hope. Cross your fingers; I really am scared of it now.

I hate it when the grass gets tall. I like to keep the yard looking nice, for several reasons. One, I just want it to look nice. Two, if the yard looks nice maybe people won't notice the clutter inside the house. Three, if people do notice the clutter inside the house, maybe they'll assume I didn't have time because I was busy mowing the grass. It's logical if you turn your head kind of sideways and drink diet Coke while you're rationalizing.

I still owe people some memes. I still haven't commented thoroughly about my awesome MixMania CD'S. I'll do it, I promise. I just can't do it right now.

I bought two bags of lemons at Marsh tonight. I think I'll get out the juicer. And no, I'm not making lemonade. Straight lemon juice, anyone?

Hey, it keeps me from getting scurvy.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:18 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html