<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 15, 2005

At Your Request: COOKIES !

Hub's downstairs watching the new Stargate episode so here I am on his computer again, snitching any and all the time I can get.

We unplugged my poor pathetic computer and took it up to Belle, who will take it over to Anthony's, where he will try to work his tech magic on it over a period of time. I hope he can do it without the ram; it's sitting on the chair beside me. Sigh. I'm glad my head is glued on tight.

I've had a kazillion (rough estimate) requests for the NoBake Cookies recipe, so here is the one I use. Please bear in mind that I do not use actual measuring spoons for recipes I use a lot.
=======
NoBake Cookies

Put the following in a large bowl and set aside:

3 tablespoons cocoa
3 cups quick-cook oats
Huge blob of peanut butter (my kids liked lots of peanut butter in the cookies) (use less according to your own taste; the recipe actually says 1/3 C.)
2 teaspoons vanilla

Put the following in a medium-sized saucepan:

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter or margarine

Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Once mixture begins to boil, cook one full minute (watch the clock hands; don't overcook!) and then remove and pour over mixture in the big bowl. Mix well.

Place on waxed paper by spoonfuls.
=======
I made these cookies a lot when my kids were little because A. they were really fast and easy and I didn't have to heat up the oven in the summertime, B. they contain oats, milk, and peanut butter, which by my mind constituted a nutritious breakfast, and C. I like them too.

If you let them boil past a minute, they get harder. (not an intentional innuendo.)

Thank you to all you wonderful people who have given me information about computers. If mine can not be redeemed at all, I will definitely explore the links you've so kindly sent.

I got this cookie recipe out of a little hand-made pamphlet Zappa brought home from PreSchool when he was three years old. His teacher was constantly making and sending home helpful things like that; I still use many of them, and I really appreciated, and STILL appreciate, her thoughtfulness in going that extra mile. (I still put all the little ornaments with his picture on them, that she made for each of her tiny students every Christmas, on our tree.) I thanked her each time then, and here's still another 'thank you' twenty-two years after the fact. Thank you, Karen, for taking such good care of my little boy so long ago. I think of you every time I get down this little orange cookbook, held together with blue yarn, with Zappa's tiny handprint on the inside front cover, and full of easy, inexpensive, mostly nutritious, and tasty recipes.

I ain't sentimental or anything.

Y'all enjoy those cookies now.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 10:20 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html