Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Priorities straight? Check.1. MixMania mailed: Check
2. CD burning so I'll have something good to listen to during and between conferences: Check
3. Final exams graded: Check
4. Grades averaged: Check
5. Briefcase packed: Check
6. Mindset ready to dole out grades to students: Check. Kind of. The ones who skipped a lot of classes have, of course, failed, and they always try to argue me out of it. It's not going to work, but it takes a lot out of me. I'm not a fighter. For the sake of the students who showed up every day and did their work, though, I'm not going to cave. But yeah, I'm ready.
7. Cat fed: Check.
8. Shower: Check.
9. Clothed: Check
10. Right mind: no guarantee on that one.
11. Shoes: not yet. That's always last.
12. Car keys: Check.
I had to giggle when I saw my priorities. MixMania, courtesy of Patriside, was first. My own "keep sane during conferences" cd was next. THEN came all the things actually relevant to my job and the day.
To which I can only say, well, that's how it is. Without music we would all go mad. And without my music I would BE mad.
Both kinds of mad.
13. CD burned: Check
Have a great day, all.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 7:09 AM | |