<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 02, 2005

. . . making a list, checking it twice. . . .

Patriside's MixMania is off and running! If you signed up, head on over to his fantabulous blog and take note of the list of participants. Make sure you're on there, and then go back to your own blog and post your playlist. The Zero Boss did a great job of posting his playlist; go look on his blog and copy him.

Jim worked really hard on this project, and I should know since I was supposed to help and didn't do a darn thing except say 'Great job, Jim!' when he was all finished. Next time, Jim, give me an assignment, because otherwise I'll just hang around in the wings saying useless things like "anything you need me for?" or "you are just too cute to be true" or "got any more of that stuff?" and other vapid useless annoying comments that probably made him want to duct-tape my mouth and hide me in the attic.

Which, in some moods, doesn't sound all that bad.

Ahem.

Here's my playlist:

1. King of Spain - Moxy Fruvous

I've been madly in love with Moxy Fruvous since the early nineties. They go from the sublime to the ridiculous without missing a beat. Awesome a capella. Incredible harmony. They're also really cute. The band has been on hiatus for a couple of years now and I doubt they'll get back together, but if they ever do, I'll be right there swooning along with a lot of other people who are too old to publically swoon any more.

2. Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman and Andrea Boccelli

If you've ever been to Vegas and seen the water show at the Bellagio, then you've heard this song. Sarah Brightman was the original 'Christine' in 'The Phantom of the Opera,' and Andrea Boccelli is the former soccer player who went blind and began to sing opera. Well, it's kind of like opera. . . .

3. Since I Don't Have You - Axel Rose and Rob Zombie

Not family-friendly, thanks to Zombie, but this is a hilarious duet by two slightly weird guys, who make an old standard into a funky laugh-fest.

4. Break Your Heart - Barenaked Ladies

I love a capella. This is a beautiful one.

5. Careless Whispers - Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright

The best cover ever. If anyone cared what Wham would think, I'm sure Wham would be jealous of this version. If anyone cared what Wham would think.

6. Golden Age - Beck

The song is great, of course, but what I really like is the instrumental background. I like glockenspiels, so sue me.

7. Magic - Ben Folds

This was featured on one of the many young-adult WB shows but since I don't watch tv I can't tell you which one. My students shared it with me a year or so ago and I loved it. Being an avid Ben Folds fan helped, too.

8. To Make You Feel My Love - Bob Dylan

Be still my heart. I absolutely love this song.

9. The World Exploded Into Love - Bob Schneider

This artist likes to come to my town and sing at the Bluebird. When he sang this, they almost had to mop up my remains, because I melted all over my chair.

10. Magic Toenail - Brak

I love Brak. I love Zorak. I love Space Ghost. I love the Aqua Teen Hunger Force. But this little ditty is sung by Brak. Get ready, because the tune will never leave your brain and you'll find yourself singing it in the most embarassing places.

11. Guitar - Cake

I love Cake. That's obvious if you ever saw me, but this particular Cake is the awesome band. This is one of my many favorite Cake songs. It just is.

12. Clocks - Coldplay

Big Coldplay fan here. Clocks is one of their greatest yet. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

13. She - Elvis Costello

Remember the scene in "Notting Hill" where Hugh Grant was walking down the street and through the seasons, thinking of Julia Roberts and believing it was hopeless? This is that song.

14. Only Time - Enya

I haven't seen the movie (Sweet November) nor do I have any desire to do so, but I will have to say that the soundtrack was great. This cut was also used as one of the 'symbolic' songs of the 911 disaster.

15. Songbird - Eva Cassidy

Anything Eva sang was perfection, but this one is the most perfect of all. I've been a big Eva fan since way back.

16. The Closest Thing To Crazy - Katie Melua

'Nuff said.

17. Green Eggs and Ham - Moxy Fruvous

There's my four handsome guys again, being all silly with a Dr. Seuss favorite. I'd rather listen to this song that suffer through Mike Myers any day. Different character but you know what I mean. I've been a FruHead for a long, long, long time.

18. Angels - Robbie Williams

Robbie Williams is my secret internet bad-boy boyfriend. I love it when he goes all ballad-y on me.

19. Love Minus Zero - Rod Stewart

I'm not a big Rod Stewart fan, at least not since he got so darn OLD, but this song hit me in the heart when it was used as a tribute to Princess Diana.

20. Answer - Sarah McLachlan

Anything she sings is gold, to me. I used to play this cut in the classroom, and my students gave me the entire cd on the last day of school. Those sweet little kids.

More details on request, if anyone wants to know more.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 4:10 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html