<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Luke Skywalker was originally to be called Luke Skykiller.

I saw the new Star Wars this afternoon, finally. It was well worth waiting for. The crowds were way down and we got to sit in the row with the bars in front.

Spoiler Alert!!!!

I'd read the book so I knew what was going to happen, but I don't do well with violence and pain and torture. The fiery lava that turned beautiful Anakin into deformed Vader upset me a lot. Mace Windu's death did, too.

That Yoda can sure kick ass, no doubt about it.

I loved hearing tiny references to the original Star Wars; "Captain Antilles" caught my attention. And was Ewan McGregor channelling Alec Guiness or what!! And the young Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were startlingly like the old ones. It was cool to see Jimmy Smits cuddling the newborn Leia.

I sense a Star Wars marathon in the not-so-distant future, in which the saga will be experienced in chronological order. We'll need pizza and plenty of diet Coke.

The flowers I planted this week are still alive. Alert the media.

I scattered mothballs all over the flower beds and between the shrubs so the cat won't use them as litter boxes. The smell is only strong if you're right beside them.

This means, among other things, that the cat will be pooping elsewhere. If you come over (and I really hope you do!) please watch your step.

I have one more week of vacation before summer school starts up.

I'm hoping to work in a lot of sleeping and a lot of hanging out with certain people whose company I adore.

It's probably you.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 10:52 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html