<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Old dog, old tricks.

Remember that student who argued with me over the difference between “two paragraphs” and “three sentences?”

He turned his paper in, today.

As he handed it to me, he said “Here’s my three sentences. I made the margins real wide, and triple-spaced it, so it would look longer.”

Oh well HEY.

That’ll fool the old gal, all right. No problemo, dude.

Does it make me madder that he turned it in like that, or that he thinks I'd fall for it?

His paper looked like a piece of concrete poetry.

It was also full of spelling mistakes that even a spellchecker would have caught.

It annoyed me so much, I put it on the bottom of the stack.

In some ways, teaching students who are older than I am isn’t all that different. . . . .

But wouldn’t you think that someone who has been “working on a degree” since 1984 would know better than to do that?

You wouldn’t?

Neither do I.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 3:24 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html