<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Mom

This has been making the internet rounds for a long time now, and most of you have no doubt seen it before. However, I'm posting it anyway, because for some reason, it means more to me with each passing year.

============

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE ~ My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE ~ Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE ~ Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE ~ That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE ~ Well, she might know a little bit about it.

35 YEARS OF AGE ~ Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE ~ Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

======

Let's talk things over with Mom while we have the chance.

My awesome mother is, fortunately, in pretty good shape. Heck, some days she's livelier than I am. She's 73 years old, but you'd never know it by looking at her.

Her baby brother is in the Veterans' Hospital. He won't be coming back home.

Her BABY brother.

Things aren't supposed to happen like that, you know. It goes against the natural order of things.

Adult siblings are supposed to die in the right order. The first to be born, the first to die. That's how it's supposed to happen.

It doesn't happen that way sometimes.

My sweet MIL's baby sister was the first of the siblings to die, too.

My father was the youngest brother, and the first brother to die. His much-older siblings are still alive.

I'm GLAD they're still alive, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't make sense. Youth is supposed to live, it's old age that dies.

And old age is defined as any age that is at least fifteen years older than you.

We spent most of today in Indianapolis at the Veterans' Hospital with my uncle. Got home in time for the Genuine Bash, and to make grilled cheese and fried eggs for Zappa.

After a somewhat gruelling day, it was nice to go to a party. And just because it was online, doesn't mean it wasn't fun.

It was AWESOME fun. Thanks, G.

I'm the oldest sibling. I hope my sisters and my brother are taking really good care of themselves. They're too old to spank, and too far away to nag properly.

Zappa turned off the tv downstairs. Soon he'll be sleeping.

Belle's in California. Be careful, my little Princess. You need to be more cautious.

All of you: take vitamins.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 2:38 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html