<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 21, 2005

Es war ein dark und shtormy Night. . . .

The Monk's Song, from "Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice: An Opera In One Unnatural Act

Et expecto resurrecreation;
Et in unum Dominos and checkers;
Qui tollis peccata mundi morning.
Mea culpa kyrie elei-
Sonny Tufts et Allah in Pompeii;
Donna nobis pacem cum what mei;
Agnus and her sister Doris Dei;
Lord, have mercy on my solo.
Et in terra chicken pox romana;
Sic sic transit gloria mañana;
Sanctus estes Kefauviridiana
In flagrante delicto Svetlana;
Lord, have mercy on my solo
.Credo in, at most, unum deum;
Caveat nabisco mausoleum;
Coitus interruptus bonus meum;
Kimo sabe watchum what you sayum;
Lord, have mercy on my soul so lowwwwwwww.

I wish he would do "Hansel and Gretel and Ted and Alice" at all the concerts. Sigh. And the Monk's Aria isn't even the funniest.

Here's tonight's program:

PROGRAM

from LITTLE NOTEBOOK FOR “PIGGY” BACH, S. 3 LittleP.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742?)

Minuet in 3D Major

Chorale Prelude: “Scintilla, Scintilla”

Dance of the Various Body Parts

FOUR NEXT-TO-LAST SONGS, S. W - 1

Das kleines Birdie
Der Cowboykönig
Gretchen am Spincycle
Es war ein dark und shtormy Night

SHEPHERD ON THE ROCKS, WITH A TWIST, S. 12 to 1

Intermission

THREE CANONS
Hedi McKinley
The Brothers Joad
D’Indy’s Turkey

THREE SONGS
Dear, If You Change
Blue Window
If You Will Try It

ROUNDS
The Mule
3-Step Crab Dinner
O Serpent (the archaic musical instrument, not the reptile)

TWO FOR THE ROAD
Cyndi
Songs From Shakespeare:
Macbeth’s Soliloquy
Hamlet’s Soliloquy
The Three Witches from “Macbeth”
Juliet’s Soliloquy
Funeral Oration from “Julius Caesar”

If you think any of these selections was serious, forget it. Each was funnier than the one before.

We sang all the way home. The pouring rain didn't bother us. Neither did the fog. We were just so happy and silly. And in the car, we could remember all the lyrics.

Now, sitting here trying to be witty, I can't remember them.

The Shakespearian songs brought down the house.

I love concerts and really almost any live production. But a show like this one has a unique audience. The audience tonight knew exactly what they were in for; they'd been before; they knew their stuff. They had background, so they could enjoy a parody because they enjoyed the original. It wasn't even necessary to speak English.

It was, however, absoLUTEly necessary to have a background in classical music. And, the audience did. Peter Schickele tore the classics apart and put them back together in such a way that none of us will ever be the same again. It was superb. It was genius. It was soooo funny.

I wrote up this night's experience over on Golly Blog Howdy, where I am guest-hosting today. Wonderful Mellie Helen favored me with her trust, to go into her blog, with all her passwords and secret stuff, and I only hope I don't let her down. Different people are privileged to guest-host there for the next two weeks. Mellie Helen is one of the nicest, coolest people I've ever known, so everybody get over there to her blog and support her even while she is absent.

Holy cow.
Jeez Louise.
Man alive.
I declare,
Now I've heard everything.
Wellllll,
Can you beat that?

I want to perfect The Art of the Ground Round.

And now I think I'd best hit the sack before my incoherent ramblings become even more incoherent.

Oh, and no more news. Thank you for asking. I really appreciate the kindness.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 1:04 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html