<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 23, 2004

WAAAAAAAGH. . . .

My children will not make it home tonight after all. The snow is just too deep. They both live about thirty miles away; under ordinary circumstances, it's a quick and easy drive. Heck, I teach in their city; that drive is nothing.

But when the snow is three feet deep, it's impossible.

So Daughter is going to work all day tomorrow, in place of someone who couldn't get through the snow, and come home afterwards. She'll bring Son with her. She's hoping that the extra day will perhaps mean more time to clear the roads, plus a little melting.

I hate to tell her, but when the temperature is -4, there's not going to be much melting.

A day's delay. Well, I can deal with that. Not gracefully, but I can deal.

At least they're coming.

The Cat still hasn't pooped. Hub says the Cat made two trips down to the family room, so I'd better go sniffing around down there in a minute. If I find any odiferous PILES, I'm going to be "very put out." (What movie? Huh, huh? What movie?)

The Grandmother's road is impassable, so Daughter will have to park in the K-Mart lot. Hub will pick her and Son up in the truck tomorrow night.

Now I must go back to my kitchen and make lots and lots of sparkly star-shaped cookies.

When my kids come home, they HAVE to have cookies.

That's what I tell them, anyway.

It's something to do.




Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:19 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html