<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 24, 2004

So many nice people to love. . . . .

Merry Christmas to all you lovely bloggers out there.

I'd post a pretty holiday picture if I knew how. Unfortunately, as many of you (especially the Firefox users) already know, I am, technologically speaking, mediocre at best with the webpage stuff. I don't know how to post a picture.

I've met so many great people through Blog Explosion: people I wish I could meet in real life. Physical real life, that is; there are all kinds of 'real life,' and getting to know people online is as real as anything could be. Everything but the eye contact.

Recent experience had left me VERY disillusioned with the online trust factor; I wasn't sure I could ever relax and learn to enjoy and trust people online again, after the way I was treated. But I did, and I am, and I have learned that the majority of people are sincere, and truthful, and, well, nice. I was unfortunate enough to encounter the other kind of people first, and it left scars. Those scars will always be there, but you BE people have more than made up for the unkindness and, yes, horrors, of my first internet encounters. I was too naive, and people took advantage of that.

If I write somewhat anonymously, and seem a little reluctant to share actual details sometimes, that is why.

Thank you, nice people out there in the great internet world of mommies, and daddies, and singles, and young people and older people and coots like me. . . . .

Online, we are on common ground, and are able to share and laugh and talk and learn without distractions. Just being bloggers gives us something in common.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Every. Single. One. Of. You.

No blogger left behind.


Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:35 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html