<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

We are Santa Claus. And Superman.

The three stages of man:

1. He believes in Santa Claus
2. He doesn't believe in Santa Claus
3. He IS Santa Claus.

That struck me as being funny, and true. And also, even, a little bit sad, and I'm not sure why. Poignancy is always a combination of emotions, and knowing something wonderful is temporary makes us sad, even while we revel in it.

I am Santa Claus. And I do NOT want to ever let the people I love down, at Christmas or any other time. But I also realize that the people we love most, have the most potential for hurting. And for being hurt. Any people who are emotionally involved, have tremendous power over each other. I hope we all try to use that power only for good.

You know, like Superman. Superman used his powers for good. Unless he was under the influence of kryptonite, in which case he became a flying armageddon.

Let us never allow the influence of 'something else' to turn us into anything other than good.

"Something else" being possibly another person, or just, something else. "Under the influence" is "under the influence," whatever outside 'something else' is influencing us.

You are Santa Claus for someone. Do not let them down.

And if you are a person who does not believe in Santa Claus, then, um, uh, hmmm. . . . . okay, I'll say it. You are stupid. Grow up and become Santa Claus. Somewhere out there is a child who desperately needs your powers. It might be your own child, or it might be a stranger's. What difference does it make what child it is? Get out there and make someone happy. Or, at least, happier. Make a difference. Ho ho ho.

Shifting gears. . . . .

Why do some of you only have part of a post on your blog, and expect me to click to read more? I don't do that. Sorry.

I've seen a lot of interesting recipes on blogs. I've printed some of them. Thank you! Although I will have to tell you that if there is nothing on your blog EXCEPT recipes, I probably won't read it. But those of you with great blogs, who happen to post a recipe, those I read. And those are the ones I've printed.

Maybe we should ask Blog Explosion to publish a cookbook, with recipes contributed by us. You know, like the ladies' aid does in churches.

Maybe Blog Explosion should have a Central Blog, that posts extra-good quotes from various journals, that people submit, or that they've noticed themselves.

Maybe Blog Explosion should have a Banner Contest. Winner gets points, or whatever.

Maybe Blog Explosion should survey us all about our music preferences, and burn a BE CD and sell it to us.

Maybe Blog Explosion should have trivia contests.

Maybe they've already got enough to do and wish I'd shut up.

Okay, I will. In a minute.

But first, a word about my knees: ouch.

Now I'll shut up.








Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 9:07 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html