<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, October 16, 2004

No downside, this time. Just good stuff.

Have I mentioned yet about how much I love my job? Well, let the lauds begin now. I love my job! I love the campus. It's so bright and shiny and new, and everybody from the top to the bottom is adamant about keeping it that way. The administration is helpful and friendly, and the students are the greatest. The curriculum is the best I've ever used. When I need something extra in my classroom, all I have to do is dream about it in the night and magically, it's there when I go to work the next day.

Okay, that last might have been a slight exaggeration but you get the general idea.

My students are determined, dedicated people, of ALL ages, who have made the effort to go back to school and get that degree. They are trying to fit their classes and homework in, among, and around their serious job and family responsibilities, and sometimes, the classes suffer. But you know what, to me, that means their priorities are right. I intend to help them in any way I possibly can. If this means having some tiny children playing quietly in the back of the classroom because somebody's childcare fell through, then so be it. If this means giving a lesson review over instant messenger because someone got called in to work unexpectedly and missed a class session, well, I'm more than willing to do that, too.

I just can't praise it enough. So I'll stop, because anyone reading this has already gotten the message.

I love it when my daughter phones me in the middle of the day, just to talk to Mom.

I love it when my son emails sarcastic political videos to me.

I love the chrysanthemums blooming in the planters. My flowers are always so beautiful right before they wither and perish from lack of watering.

The leaves are at their peak. The yard is crispy when I walk through it.

I predict maybe one more mowing-of-the-lawn this season.

And, best of all, it's time to start the Holiday Planning! Oh happy day, caloo-calay. I love the holiday plannings.

We have absolutely no money now, for reasons explained elsewhere, so pickings are slim this year. But we're going to have happiness anyway. The happiness part was always free, anyway.

Where is the downside to all of this, you might be asking yourself? This blogger ALWAYS has a downside!

Well, not this time, buckaroos. For the first time in a long time, I feel kinda good.
Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 3:13 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html