<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, December 04, 2004

A tattletale of any age is still a tattletale.

Many people have asked me why my banners never feature my blog's name. They did in the beginning; BE ran several of my banners with the site's name on them.

And then I got an email from BE stating that all of my banners had been removed because someone had complained about my site's name. BE said, in their email, that they had not been aware what the site's name actually meant, and once they were told by this tattletale, they felt it was not appropriate so all my banners were taken down. This person actually made a complaint about my banners. When I found out, I was hurt by their attitude and the way they went about complaining. Why didn't the tattletale just come to me and ASK?

Blog Explosion did restore all my points to me, though.

That is why my banners are somewhat vague, and do not mention the site's name anywhere on them.

I suppose my site's name is a little on the iffy side, but you know what, it's my site, and at the time, it was an expression I just LIKED. I'd heard it from someone I once knew, and I liked it. So I used it. I didn't think it was all that offensive, either. I just thought it was funny. I still think it's funny.

BE won't use it, but that's ok. People can still find me by clicking on one of my anonymous banners.

Not being able to use the site's name has made me a little creative, too. I think that is a good thing. Usually. At any rate, I think my banners are a little different from most people's banners.

Most people can put their site's actual name on their banners so people will know who they're dealing with before they give it a click. I can't. I tried but I'm not allowed. So people are finding me by clicking on banners that give no clue as to destination. I think that means I'm getting visitors who dare to take a chance on an unknown quantity. I like that quality in a person. I hope people who give my banners that clickety-chance enjoy where they're taken. Which would be here. And if someone finds offense here, please tell me before you tell the bosses. It's only polite, you know. Or do you?

Everyone else: Thanks for coming. Please come in. Put your feet up and stay a while. Talk to me.

I love people. I love meeting people. I love it that you took a chance and came here. I'm sure glad you came. Please come again.

Except you, you tattle-tale person who didn't tell ME, but preferred to go over my head. Jeepers, what a cowardly way to do it. Snitcher. Eddie Haskell.

But in the long run, you forced me to be more creative than I probably would have been before you RAN SNITCHING OVER MY HEAD.

TATTLETALE: bigmouth, blabber, blabbermouth, busybody, canary, fat mouth, fink, gasser, gossip, informer, nark, peacher, polly, quidnunc, rat, ratfink, rumormonger, scandalmonger, sleazemonger, snitch, snitcher, squeaker, squealer, stool pigeon, stoolie, tabby, talebearer, taleteller, tattler, telltale, tipster, troublemaker, whistleblower, whistler, windbag, , bluenose, butt-in, buttinsky, fink, fussbudget, gossip, intermeddler, intriguer, intruder, kibitzer, meddler, newsmonger, pry, rubberneck, scandalmonger, snoop, snooper, talebearer, troublemaker, yenta, accuser, betrayer, blab, blabbermouth, canary, crier, deep throat, double-crosser, fat mouth, finger, fork tongue, herald, informer, nark, notifier, preacher, propagandist, rat, ratfink, singer, snake, sneak, snitcher, songbird, source, squealer, stool pigeon, stoolie, tattler, tipster, weasel, informer, busybody, agent provocateur, decoy, fink, informer, narc, plant, police informer, shill, snitch, spy, squealer, stoolie, apostate, back-stabber, backslider, Benedict Arnold, betrayer, conspirator, copperhead, deceiver, defector, deserter, double-crosser, fifth columnist, fink, hypocrite, imposter, informer, intriguer, Judas, miscreant, narc, plotter, quisling, rat, rat fink, rebel, renegade, snake, sneak, snitch, snitcher, spy, squealer, stool pigeon, stoolie, traducer, treasonist, turncoat, two-timer, whistle-blower, wolf. . . .

See how creative you forced me to become? A thesaurus is an awesome tool. Now I think I'll go make some more banners. Maybe about cowardly snitchers. . . . .


Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 2:53 PM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html